Friday, January 11, 2008

The Sun

Every day that passes by,
I lift my gaze unto the sky,
And thereupon it does belie,
The sun, which rests above.

It never ceases to amaze,
Benevolent in amber gaze,
And warms the earth with all its rays,
So like that one I love.

It passes far beyond my thought,
Those wonders, which the Lord hath wrought,
Yet still the thing that I have sought,
Has waited here for me.

The sun brings light into the darkness,
Stealing all of midnight’s starkness;
Still we must take time to mark this:
Darkness matters not with thee.

The sun makes sadness pass away,
Its rosy dawn to lead the way,
And changes night into the day,
With birds chirping a melody.

To hear the lonely north wind sigh,
Like silence after lullaby,
Astounds me as the sun flies high:
It’s just the same with you and me.

No comments: